Friday, April 10, 2020

Greetings everyone! First things first...hoping and praying that you and all family and all those in your circle of friends and neighbours are keeping safe and keeping well. A global pandemic is certainly not what we had in mind when we began 2020 was it?! For those that have been ill and are recovering and to those that may in fact have lost loved ones during this time, I send you our prayers and encouragement as well as our heart felt sympathies in this time of loss and mourning. 2019 was a year filled with various experiences including family life, work, learning, challenges, travel and peace. We continue to give thanks for strong family ties and communication as well as a striving business that hopefully brings a growing sense of wellness to our patients and clients. Having a home based office has been an increasingly enjoyable experience for both myself and my spouse, and a huge plus for our immediate family. During this "time off" we have been able to get a few things reorganized in the office and around the house. Even have taken the time to paint the entire office to give it a much needed freshening. It really has made it a brighter place to spend some time. Hoping that those who attend for treatment feel the same way when they are here. Thankfully the nonsense that was happening last year related to calls we were receiving claiming that 'JMV Health' was removing funds from several personal accounts in various US states has stopped. We finally concluded that the claims were being made by similarly motivated scam artists - most likely working together for their mutually illegal financial benefit. I mentioned travel earlier...as a family we were able to put together a time where we visited family and friends in England and in Italy. I was 100 years ago almost to the day that that three of my grandparents had come to North America from Italy. We had a great trip, great weather, and unbelievably wonderful food! We rented a car for part of the trip and used several trains (and a few planes) to get to where we were going. With both car and train, the Italians waste no time getting from A to B! One train we were on got to speeds of over 260kms per hour...pretty fast if you ask me! Again, great trip...but also very good to be home. To finish out the year our son graduated from a barber course and at about the same time I took on the project of growing a beard for a year, otherwise known as a 'yeard'. So far so good. Made it through the itchy stage, then the gnarly "are you growing your beard out stage?" and now five months in - I'm enjoying quite a heavy white (with a little pepper) longish natural beard. I'm sure that by the beginning of November people will be asking me if I am going to apply for a mall job as a Santa! The answer to this will of course be No since I'm not very excited about the whole Santa Clause phenomenon, plus I would not enjoy telling children that I was going to bring them something for Christmas...and then not come through! I'll let the parents and anyone else courageous enough to act as a Santa do that. I will begin as I started. Be safe. Be well. May we all look ahead to a more sane and healthy world where we can reconnect and enjoy one another - being less stressed and more content. As per the 'trend' you'll likely see my next post on this blog in 2021.

No comments: